"His purpose is not the development of a person— His purpose is to make a person exactly like Himself"
Believing in Jesus Christ is not a 'self help' guide as some non-believers say. But Jesus want us to be dead to ourselves and be completely born again to be like Him. Help me Jesus to let go of myself and let you be the Lord of my life.
In Luke 18, Jesus talked about how difficult it is to enter a kingdom of God for a rich man. He actually told one to give up all his money but he couldn't. I'm not sure how I will respond if I was call to do the same. Most likely I will fail as well. Fortunately for me I still have time and hopefully he won't challenge me too much in this area. I realize even the little that I have, I have it pretty good. I'm truly blessed for my family, friends, work, home, other stuff and of course church. With that, each week I will make a goal to give up something in my life as a reminder to be selfless. I will start with not eating candy...ok anything with sugar since this is my strongest temptation. By taking these small steps, I pray that God will teach me to be little more humble and give me the opportunities to share his blessings with others. Doing this over iPhone is not easy.
ReplyDeleteFighting!
ReplyDelete